4 Ecommerce Shopping Carts for Small Business
An ecommerce shopping cart simplifies a client’s ordering process while linking the business website in question to the gateway for payment processing. However, in choosing the best shopping cart, consider one that can be optimized to match your specific business requirements and also allow room for future upgrading to match the needs of the expanding business. Below is a list of some of the best carts compatible with small and upcoming businesses.
Shopify is probably one of the best ecommerce solutions for small business and has a lot of easy-to-use features inclusive of an optimized dashboard that allow for easy addition and customization of products. It also provides you with an option of importing items from a previous store (if one existed), which explains its popularity.
- It features tools for customizing store items including their descriptions, images and other relevant details.
- A comprehensive inventory management system.
- It has a product categorization system.
- Discount code engine.
- It has a customer order tracking system.
- It is integrated with over 70 different payment gateways.
- Multiple log in; you can grant different trusted people the permission to access and change certain aspects of your online store in an effort to improve its look and functional prowess.
Security and Coding
Shopify has a drag and drop mail designer and an integrated A/B testing which optimizes the effectiveness of the online store when it comes to customer satisfaction as far as delivery of full content and support is concerned. It also features SEO suggestion ideas that can help the upcoming business to develop effective ways to attract online traffic.
3dcart offers easily convertible templates to suit your business needs. One of the advantages of this shopping cart is that it allows clients the option to import designs from other sites and integrate it into the current online store. This shopping cart also features business management instruments for the different business transactions inclusive of sales processing and analysis, shipment as well as the processing of customer orders.
- It offers unlimited emails and an exquisite customer support.
- It features a Starter plan for beginners that do not involve a start-up fee. It also has unlimited storage capacity; a key attribute for those with tons of information that they want displayed in their online stores.
- It offers over 50 templates to choose from for that unique store front.
- The Starter plan is also limited to 1000 store items. Those with items that exceed this threshold might want to consider other plans in this shopping cart.
- It features a drag-and-drop feature useful in template management and design.
- Allows for website editing using HTML editor as well as CSS editor.
Security and coding
3dcart is SSL encrypted and is PCI compliant. It also offers protection from fraudulent activities thus can assure both the customer and the business he confidentiality of their vital data.
It works well with both desktops and smartphones alike and given the growing trend in smartphone technology many online shoppers prefer using their phones to do online transactions. 3dcart has simplified the process by integrating 100 plus payment gateways. It also allows customers to check out as guests or as members with a PayPal account.
AgoraCart is an open source cart, which means that anyone can modify its codes for a new look. This makes this shopping cart extremely customizable because of the nature by which design ideas are not only shared but allowed to be implemented as well and as a result is very effective in developing reliable ecommerce systems.
- It features a CSS editor that allows you to edit how the shopping cart looks like.
- It has a myriad of templates for both simple and complex designs.
- It also integrates different payment gateways that allow the online business to process different forms of electronic payment.
- It integrates different shipping options from which customers can choose.
- There is no limit to product catalogue and as such the prospective online business can include a long list of store items without limitation. This will particularly be an important feature to SMEs
Security and coding
This shopping cart is coded in Perl, which unfortunately limits the users of this particular shopping cart to Perl or MySQL savvy. However, given the extensive support it provides through tutorials and support forums, anyone can customize an appealing shopping cart.
AgoraCart comes with a pre installed store manager that allows for editing of store items directly from any browser. It supports different payment gateways inclusive of 2Checkout, AgoraPay, Authorize.net, eWay, PayPal, PayPal IPN, ProPay, IONgate and PsiGate amongst others. It is however important to note that some of these payment gateways may require you to become a Pro Member of this shopping cart.
Avactis is also an open source shopping cart provides for the option of developing an open e-commerce system suitable for small and developing businesses. Through this shopping cart synchronizing online stores with active websites is relatively easy. This is a contemporary feature common in many e-commerce systems that Avactis manages to utilize.
- It has a comprehensive list of themes, language packs and extensions from which you can build a customer optimized online store.
- It can easily be integrated into social networking platforms such as Facebook.
- It features a CSS editor.
- The Avactis online store can also be easily integrated into existing websites.
- Avactis features three different cloud hosted plans; the basic plan with a product limit of 100 and a storage maximum of 2BG at $19.95 per month, the standard plan with a product limit of 500 and storage capacity of 5GB at $49.95 per month and the professional plan with a product limit of 5000 and a storage maximum of 10GB at $99.95 per month.
- It also offers a free trial version as from $19.95.
- Alternatively, Avactis can also be purchased with one time unrestricted license of $199.
Security and coding
This particular shopping cart is coded in PHP/MySQL language, which makes it one of the most reliable ecommerce platforms available for all small business. This writing language also allows it to be synchronized into existing websites thus minimizing time that would have otherwise be spent on marketing and scouting for new online customers. It is also PCI compliant.
For a small business, this shopping cart is inexpensive and promises the best ecommerce solution. It has an active customer support system incase technical support is needed. The Avactis team has a plan in place to build on abandoned carts for the ultimate online dominance.
In choosing the best shopping cart especially for an upcoming or small business, functionality and pricing should be a top priority. An expensive shopping cart does not necessarily translate to a successful online store. Consider specific business needs and evaluate those needs as per the shopping carts that address them subject to the affordable funds. The above shopping carts can act as good guide.